Security guidelines for air passengers
Before you pack your luggage, check your air ticket or with your airline to make sure that the goods or substances that you are taking with you are permitted on the aeroplane. Your airline may impose tighter restrictions than those appearing in these pages.
A good rule of thumb is that you may not take into the aircraft cabin any objects that might harm other passengers or crew. Your luggage may not contain any inflammable, explosive, poisonous, corrosive or otherwise dangerous substances. Pack liquids into luggage that goes into the hold.
Please remember also:
- To pack your luggage yourself!
- Never offer to take on board any articles belonging to a stranger, no matter how sincerely you wish to help!
- Make sure you know the contents of any packages which you pack!
- Never leave your baggage unattended!
Liquid products can be carried onboard:
- if they are packed in containers of not more than 100 ml
- all the containers fit into one plastic bag of a maximum size of 1 litre.
Be careful with following articles and substances (CAA website)
"List of FAQ about substancies and articles"
Classes of dangerous goods (CAA website)
About security inspections (CAA website)