Facts about Kuopio Airport
Finavia maintains and develops the Finnish airport network. At the Nordic level, it has the highest number of direct flights to Asia. The airport is situated amid North Savonian lake country and literally surrounded by water. The airport serves the growing Kuopio region, and most of the passengers passing through the airport are business travellers. The airport also provides a setting for active general aviation.
- Annual passenger and landing statistics of the airport are published on Finavia's Traffic Statistics page.
- The airport's runway is 2,800 metres long.
Finavia's Traffic Statistics
Awards and Recognitions
- Finavia Airport of the Year 2002 and 2004
- 1940: The airport is opened to traffic.
- 1949: The first airport building is completed.
- 1971: The new terminal building is completed.
- 1972: Airport maintenance is improved. The fire station and the maintenance building are built.
- 1975: The runway is extended to 2,800 metres.
- 1997: The terminal building is expanded.
- 2008: The new air traffic control tower is completed.