Please read Finavia’s check-list before travelling.
- Please do not travel, if you are sick. If you have symptoms of coronavirus, please contact your airline for further instructions.
- Complete your check-in online at home or use the self-service check-in at the airport, if possible.
- Please check possible travel restrictions and quarantine regulations of your destination country.
- Please bring identification. Border control checks may be completed inside the Schengen-area, including domestic flights.
- Please bring your own masks. Finavia recommends all passengers wear masks at its airports. Also, some airlines and international airports require the use of masks. Make sure you have enough masks for your entire trip.
- Passengers are asked to adhere to the check-in time given by the airline, and to set aside enough time for check-in, baggage check-in and security screening. For example, with hold baggage, it is a good idea to arrive at the airport about two hours before the announced departure time of the flight.
- Travel with as little baggage as possible. This will make your travelling smoother. Please read instructions given by your airline concerning baggage.
- Make sure your baggage is packed correctly. Prepare to take out electronic devices, that have a battery, and place them onto a tray at the security check.
- Please notice, that many restaurants and services are closed. Please check their current opening hours.
At the airport
- Please wear a mouth-nose protector or a mask.
- Please keep a safe distance from other passengers and airport staff whenever possible. When travelling at the airport, sometimes it may be difficult to keep a distance from others. Therefore, wearing a mask is very important.
- Take care of hand and coughing hygiene. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the airport.
- Please notice instructions and material provided by authorities at the airport. Follow all instructions given by airport staff.
- If you are arriving at Helsinki Airport, please ask the person picking you up to wait in their car or meet you at the Terminal 1 meeting point.
- Arriving passengers are asked to follow voluntary quarantine instructions for a total of 14 days. Go home directly from the airport and travel via car or taxi. Please avoid using public transportation.
- Please notice, that travelling between Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Norway, Denmark and Iceland is free without internal border controls or quarantine from 15th of June.