- Annual passenger and landing statistics of the airport are published on Finavia's Traffic Statistics page.
- The airport's runway is 2,500 metres long.
Awards and recognitions
Finavia Airport of the Year 1993
- 1972: The first airport and air traffic control building is opened to traffic. A regular route between Oulu and Kuusamo begins operating.
- 1974: The runway is extended from 800 metres to 1,500 metres.
- 1977: The new air traffic control building is completed.
- 1988: The passenger terminal is opened to traffic.
- 1989: The runway is extended to 2,000 metres. Jet traffic begins.
- 1997: The runway is extended to 2,500 metres.
- 1998: The passenger terminal expansion is completed.
- 2005: Kuusamo Airport is granted the status of an international airport.
- 2009: The renovation and expansion of the terminal building is completed.