- Annual passenger and landing statistics of the airport are published on Finavia's Traffic Statistics page.
- The airport's runway is 1,900 metres long. Its surface is made of red granite.
Awards and recognitions
- Finavia Airport of the Year 2009
- 1937: Mariehamn Airport officially opens to the public.
- 1940: Regular air traffic to Mariehamn begins. During the 1960s the airport sees many improvements. The airport and flight traffic control building as well as the car park and the approach road are built.
- In the 1970s, flight safety is developed further, as the airport's navigational aids, instrumental landing system and radio equipment is renewed.
- In the 1980s air traffic control and its technical equipment are modernised.
- 1991: The terminal building is renovated and passenger area expansion is completed.
- 1997: The customs frontier between Åland and continental Finland is implemented. Tax free shopping at Mariehamn Airport is now available to domestic passengers as well.