- Annual passenger and landing statistics of the airport are published on Finavia's Traffic Statistics page.
- The airport's runway is 2,300 metres long.
Awards and recognitions
- Finavia Airport of the Year 1989 and 1996
- 1959: The Ministry of Transport and Communications accepts the proposition for the location of the airport. Building an airport in Savonlinna had been discussed already in the 1940s. The city of Savonlinna and the municipality of Sääminki are granted permission to build in 1970. The project is driven by a committee made up of municipalities, businesses and private citizens.
- 1973: Regular traffic to Savonlinna begins on 12 November.
- 1974: The airport is officially inaugurated.
- 1977: Jet traffic to Savonlinna begins.
- 1980: The airport, previously managed by the city of Savonlinna, joins Finavia's network of airports.
- 1995: The renovated terminal building opens.