Congestion during morning departures
Remember to arrive early if your flight is departing at Terminal 2
- on 28 and 29 December between 7 and 9 in the morning
- on 2-4 January between 7 and 9 in the morning
Remember that fireworks of any kind are prohibited aboard aircraft. Do not pack them in your luggage - only buy fireworks at your destination.
Check here the packing instructions if you are departing for a skiing or snowboarding holiday.
Check the I'm departing page for information on parking, check-in, security control and the shops, restaurants and cafes located near your departure gate. The number of the departure gate is given about two hours before the departure.
Prepare for congestion in return traffic in the evening and in the afternoon
Plenty of people will be returning home through Helsinki Airport at the turn of the year, This means that there may also be congestion and delays at baggage carousels
- on Sunday 28 December between 10 and 11 in the evening,
- on Tuesday 30 December between 3 and 4 in the afternoon,
- on Wednesday 31 December between 3 and 4 in the afternoon,
- on Friday 2 January between 10 and 11 in the evening, and
- on Sunday 4 January between 10 and 11 in the evening.
We recommend that when families are travelling, one member collect the luggage at the carousel, while the others wait further afield.
If your are picked up at the airport, give the name of the departure airport or the flight number to the person picking you up. The person in question may check the flight information at I'm picking up passengers. You can also send the flight information by email.