1. With headquarters in Bucharest, Blue Air is the biggest Romanian airline. The company, founded in 2004, serves both domestic and international airports, flying to more than 100 destinations around Europe.
2. The company has grown rapidly over the recent years, from 1.5 million passengers in 2014 to 3.6 million in 2016. Blue Air is a member of IATA (International Air Transport Association).
3. Blue Air fly with the bestselling short to medium haul Boeing 737 series aircraft, which fit between 120 and 189 passengers.
4. Blue Air launched direct flights between Helsinki and Bucharest on 16 June 2017. The thrice-weekly flight will take about three hours and give passengers new options for connecting flights to Israel, Italy and Cyprus, among other destinations.
5. Blue Air tickets include one item of hand luggage of up to 10kg. However, Romania is known for intricate handicrafts such as painted Easter eggs, so you might consider checking in a bag for souvenirs!