Air passengers have a lot of things that they should take into account before travelling and when arriving at the airport. By following these instructions, you can get a smooth start to your journey from Finavia’s airports. Have a pleasant and smooth journey!
Packing your bags and arriving at the airport
- You should arrive at the airport well before your flight and leave enough time for the things you need to do at the airport. There are many passengers at the airport especially in the mornings and afternoons. Passengers should prepare for queues.
- Your luggage should be packed correctly before you leave for the airport. It is also a good idea to check what items can be taken on a plane.
- During the security control, staff will check that passengers are not carrying prohibited items or substances.
- Passengers must wear a mask at the airport and take care of hand hygiene. Check the frequently asked questions about COVID-19.
- At Helsinki Airport, passengers can be dropped off and picked up in front of Terminal 1. Taxi services are also available at the same location.
The opening hours of the airport’s restaurants and services
At Finavia airports, you can shop, eat at a restaurant or enjoy a cup of coffee before your flight. We also have high-quality lounges where you can relax during your journey.
Restaurants, services, cafés and shops are open in accordance with the flight schedule. You can check their opening hours on the services pages. Some restaurants and shops may be closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.