You can check in smoothly at all Finavia airports. Some airlines allow you to check in in advance on the airline's website or in a mobile app.
If you check in at the airport, you can visit a check-in service point. Self-service machines are also in use at Helsinki Airport and at some network airports.
If you are travelling with hand baggage only, we recommend that you check in before your trip on the airline’s website. Then, you can proceed directly to the security control once you’re at the airport.
If you have cargo hold baggage, you should check in at the airport.
How to check in using a self-service machine
- First, you need to identify yourself at the machine. Identify yourself by following the instructions on the screen.
- Check in by following the instructions on the screen.
- After checking in, the machine prints a boarding pass with a barcode. Take it with you. If you do not have any cargo hold baggage, you can proceed directly to the security control.
- If you have cargo hold baggage, you will need a bag tag. For some airlines, bag tags can be printed at the self-service machines at check-in. If it is not possible to print a bag tag for the airline you are using, please go to the airline’s service point.
- Once you have received the bag tag from the self-service machine, attach it to the handle of your bag, backpack, golf bag or ski bag.
- If you are carrying cargo hold baggage, please proceed to your airline's bag drop point. Some airlines use baggage machines or bag drop machines that are located in the departures hall.
- Once you have handed over your cargo hold baggage to the airline at a service point or at the bag drop machine, please proceed to the security control.
Further instructions and tips are available at what to do at the airport.