Tips for arriving at the airport
- Please reserve enough time for parking, check-in, and security control. The busiest times are 6–8 a.m. and 3–6 p.m. Your airline will inform you what time your check-in and bag drop should be completed.
- If you arrive at the airport by your own car, be sure to book parking for your Christmas holiday in advance to get the best price. Parking at Helsinki Airport is easy and gets you closest to the terminal. For example, the P2 building is connected to the arrivals hall by a lift.
- It’s a good idea to pack your bags correctly already at home. You can check our packing instructions to see what items you can have in your hand baggage and what items should go in your checked baggage.
Get your Christmas holidays started at the airport
- Did you leave your Christmas shopping until the last moment? Helsinki Airport has almost 50 restaurants and shops, where you can find suitable products for your loved ones or yourself. Check out our selection of restaurants and brands. Shops and restaurants may have exceptional opening hours during the 24th, 25th and 31st of December.
- During the Christmas holidays, there will be many different events taking place at the airport: on the way to your departure gate, you may be able to enjoy music played by a band or choir performances, or even see Santa Claus himself!
- For the youngest members of the family, there are several play areas at Helsinki Airport – for example, at gates 16 and 20 – where children can burn off some energy before the flight.
- In Helsinki Airport’s arrivals hall, you will find several handy travel services: a storage service, a currency exchange, a 24/7 Alepa, a lounge and much more.