Parking spots reserved for those with a disabled parking permit
Services for the disabled and persons with reduced mobility are a priority for Finavia. Accessible travelling is important to us.
The disabled parking spaces are located in close proximity to the elevators and the entrances in the parking garages.
- In garages P3 and P5, disabled parking spaces can be found on each floor.
- In garage P1, the disabled parking spaces are located on the bottom floor near the entrance, close to the charging points for electric cars and the carwash.
- In garage P2, disabled parking spaces can be found on all floors except on level 1.
Holders of disabled parking permits can also park short-term in front of Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, when they are dropping off or picking up passengers.
- The short-term disabled parking spaces of Terminal 1 can be found by following the T1 Departures sign. The parking spaces are located under the bridge at the end of the terminal.
- Terminal 2 also has a few short-term disabled parking spaces on the lower level. The easiest way to reach these spaces is to drive via Ilmailutie to Rahtitie, following the Goods reception signs. The spaces are located in front of Goods reception 3.
Parking in the spaces marked for disabled parking is free for the holders of a disabled parking permit. Please see the instructions on disabled parking permits found in the footer area of this page.
Use the reservation service if you want to reserve a parking spot at the airport. Reserved parking spots are subject to a fee.
If you need assistance, you can book an assistance service before the start of your trip free of charge. There are assistance call points in the parking garages and in front of the terminals for contacting the assistance service.
Extensive changes to the parking and traffic arrangements at Helsinki Airport are in the works, as the parking garages P1/P2 will be demolished and the construction of a new entrance to the airport will begin at the end of the year. Finavia will give more details on the changes on our webpage.
What to do with your disabled parking permit?
When you drive your car into a parking space inside the gated parking area, take the entry ticket you received from the machine at the gate with you on your trip, as well as your disabled parking permit. When you return from your trip, you can collect a free exit ticket against your entry ticket and disabled parking permit at the information desk. The information desk is located on the entry floor in the corridor between Terminals 1 and 2.
If the holder of the disabled parking permit has restricted mobility, another person may also collect the free exit ticket from the information desk. S/he must present the entry ticket, the disabled parking permit and the flight ticket belonging to the holder of the disabled parking permit.
When you park your car in a disabled parking space inside the gated area, display your disabled parking permit so that it can be easily seen, for example, under the windscreen.