- Annual passenger and landing statistics of the airport are published on Finavia's Traffic Statistics page.
- The airport's runway is 2,500 metres long.
Awards and Recognitions
Finavia Airport of the Year 1994, 1999 and 2007
- 1939: Construction of the airport begins. The runway is completed in the autumn, but the rest of the work is interrupted by the beginning of the Winter War.
- 1952 Geological Survey of Finland begins conducting mineral exploration flights from Kajaani.
- 1956: The airport is officially opened 22 June. Aero begins operating regularly.
- 1957: The first airport building is completed.
- 1993: The airport building currently in use is completed.