Facts about Tampere-Pirkkala Airport
Finavia maintains and develops the Finnish airport network. At the Nordic level, it has the highest number of direct flights to Asia. International traffic to Tampere-Pirkkala is busy, and measured in international passenger the airport is the second busiest in Finland.
Finavia has completed the renovation works (2014/2015) at Tampere-Pirkkala Terminal 2. The terminal's traffic begins in April 14th, 2015.
- Annual passenger and landing statistics of the airport are published on Finavia's Traffic Statistics page.
- The airport's runway is 2,700 metres long.
Finavia's Traffic Statistics
Awards and recognitions
- Finavia Airport of the Year 1997
- 1979: Tampere-Pirkkala Airport is opened to replace Tampere-Härmälä Airport, which has been operating since 1939, as it can no longer serve the growing number of air passengers.
- 1996: The current Terminal 1 is completed.
- 2003: Ryan air opens its first routes from Tampere on 1 April. The old passenger terminal reopened as Terminal 2.
- 2007: The new air traffic control tower is completed.