Did you know this about the expansion of Helsinki Airport?
- The terminal will be expanded by a total of 103,000 square metres. It corresponds to an area the size of the Linnanmäki amusement park in Helsinki.
- The total surface area of the terminal in 2020 will be more than 250,000 square metres. You could fit 10 Finnish Parliament Houses inside the terminal.
- The number of bridge gates for wide-body aircraft will be doubled from eight to 16.
- Baggage handling capacity will increase by 50 per cent.
- The apron, meaning the aircraft parking areas and taxiways, will be renovated over an area of 450,000 square metres. The size of the construction site is equal to 90 football pitches.
- The airport’s total surface area is 1,800 hectares. If the airport were placed over the city of Helsinki, it would stretch from Kaisaniemi to Katajanokka and Töölö.
- With the development programme, 5,000 new, permanent jobs will be created at Helsinki Airport area.
- The employment impact during construction is 14,000 person-years.
- Finavia is investing 900 million euros in the development of Helsinki Airport.
- You can reach over 135 destinations all over the world directly from Helsinki Airport.
Look on the timeline how the development programme of Helsinki Airport is proceeding