“All of our airports have enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures in place. We have not given them up, even though COVID-19 restrictions ended last summer. We are continuously monitoring the situation closely and are ready to introduce additional measures,” says Ulla Lettijeff, Finavia’s Helsinki Airport Executive Director.
The following hygiene measures, among others, are in place at Helsinki Airport:
- Security control trays are automatically disinfected after each use.
- Escalator handrails are automatically cleaned and lifts are equipped with air purifiers.
- The contact surfaces of the terminal are protected by a nanocoating that destroys bacteria and viruses.
- Hand sanitiser is available at various locations throughout the terminal.
- Hygiene and mask instructions for passengers are still displayed in the terminal.
COVID-19 testing and COVID-19 certificate checking for flights from China
Of all Finavia airports, only Helsinki Airport has flights to and from China. Information on whether COVID-19 testing or COVID-19 certificate checking will be reintroduced is available from the local health authority, i.e. the wellbeing services county of Vantaa and Kerava.
Two companies that offer COVID-19 testing services operate at Helsinki Airport. You can find more information on our Services page.
Health authorities are also responsible for monitoring the wastewater from flights.
There is very little air traffic between China and Finland due to Russia’s war of aggression against Ukraine and the Russian airspace ban. The number of passengers is only a fraction of the number in 2019.
Finavia will help the health authorities implement possible measures. We will continue to update this bulletin as needed.
More information on entry into the country is available from the Finnish Border Guard.