Finavia's measures and arrangements during COVID-19
Finavia operates in an international environment, and we have monitored the COVID-19 situation closely since the beginning of the pandemic in January 2020.
We were among the first Finnish companies to start preparing for the epidemic in January and implemented emergency management procedures. We intensified cleaning and began distributing hand sanitiser. At the same time, we launched passenger information on COVID-19.
We comply with the instructions of the Finnish health authorities and take international recommendations into account, but we are also continuously and proactively engaged in several of our own procedures and develop our services. We are also committed to following the EASA Covid-19 recommendations.
- intensified cleaning in the terminals and surface disinfection
- distribution of hand sanitiser
- physical barriers (sneeze guards) at customer service points
- distribution of masks to personnel
- mandatory masks for personnel and gloves for security officers
- strong recommendation to wear masks for passengers since May and requirement since October 2020.
- cleaning security control trays with UVC technology
Avoiding contacts and ensuring safe distances
- passenger routes have been reorganisation according to the current entry and health requirements.
- there are special arrangements related to queueing and waiting areas and capacity restrictions.
- Terminals 1 and 2 are only in passenger and personnel use. People who are picking up and dropping off passengers, can wait in front of Terminal 1 or in their car.
- only every other check-in kiosk in use in the departure hall so that it is easier to maintain safety distance.
- stickers reminding of safe distances taped to the terminal floor.
Health services at Helsinki Airport
City of Vantaa’s free-of-charge COVID-19 testing is meant for passengers arriving in Finland.
Read also covid-19 tests at Helsinki Airport.
There are three pharmacy points at the airport with two in the gate area and one in the arrivals hall of Terminal 2. You can find more information on the Services site.
Finavia’s hygiene and safe distance plan for pandemics
In case of a pandemic, airport operator Finavia uses its hygiene and safe distance plan which includes the pandemic arrangements agreed jointly by Finavia and airlines.
The plan includes measures to ensure hygiene and safe distances in the terminal and when people board and disembark aircraft.
The plan applies to all of Finavia’s airports but health security measures can be adjusted according to the scope of the airport’s operations. In addition, targeted measures may be taken at airports according to the wishes of regional health authorities.
Finavia complies with international aviation recommendations, national and EU legislation and the authorities’ instructions in all of its operations, also in the event of a pandemic. Furthermore, Finavia is committed to the recommendations issued by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency EASA. Finavia is a limited liability company that does not have the same authorisations as authorities.