In addition to the scenic terrace at Helsinki Airport, passengers can marvel at airplanes and airport activity from almost all cafés, restaurants and waiting areas of the terminal's gate area.
Helsinki Airport’s scenic terrace is open to everyone visiting the airport.
Viewing locations after the security check
There are two very good viewing locations near gates 27–29. Although both locations are inside restaurants, all passengers can access them.
- There is a great vantage point with a view to the apron and the runway at the terrace of the Espresso House. The terrace is located outside.
- The lounge located above Fly Inn Restaurant & Deli is located above gate 27. The lounge is located close to the ceiling, and provides a great view both inside the terminal and outside to the apron.
The photographing of airplanes from the terminal is allowed and no separate permit is required.
Outside the airport fences
Outside the airport, there are several good airplane spotting locations.
- For example, there is a good view of Runway 2 from the Tullimies cliff top and Ruskeasannantie (near the old cemetery chapel).
- There is a good view of Runway 1 from Sammonmäki (the crossing of Puusepäntie and Kulomäentie).
- From Katriinantie, opposite the DHL office, you can view traffic on Runway 3.
The Finnish Aviation Photography Association has prepared a map with good viewing locations near the airport.