The service point of the airport police serves mainly air passengers in urgent cases. It has the capability to produce temporary passports during its opening hours.
The Police service outlet is located in a blue glass office building, about 150 metres from Terminal 2. You can reach the outlet on foot, from the exits of entrance lobby 2A and 2B, along the covered pavement towards Hotel Hilton. Enter through Staircase B, which is also the main entrance of the office building.
Airport police serves passengers in regard to these themes:
- For passports ordered as a normal or fast-track delivery, the customer can select any Matkahuolto service point that handles passports as the collection point.
- If you have forgotten your passport home, the Police can immediately make a temporary one for you; this kind of passport is valid for one trip. Please note that a temporary passport may not necessarily be accepted in all countries. The passport you have left home expires because only one passport may be valid at a time.
Within the area of Itä-Uusimaa Police Department, temporary passports can be printed at the licence service points of Vantaa main police station, Järvenpää and Porvoo as well as the service point at the airport.
- On business days, the Police at the airport also accepts passport applications from air passengers in the case their flight departure is within a few days. In that case, the passport is an Express one. Express passports will be completed by 4 pm if the application has been submitted by 11 am on the same day. If the application has been submitted after 11 am, the Express passport can be collected by 4pm on the following working day.
The customer can choose to collect an express passport from one of the following three points:
- Matkahuolto Helsinki: Kamppi Centre Narinkka 1, 00100 HKI
- Verkkokauppa.com: Tyynenmerenkatu 11, 00220 Helsinki
- R-Kiosk at Helsinki airport: Terminal 2, Arrivals hall 2A
Photos taken at the Police station at the airport are only used for the passport application. It is not possible to take them with you to be used in a visa application, for example.
Find out more: